Roads and Maritime has a convenient booklet for learner drivers that explains the top 10 misunderstood road rules. Unsurprisingly roundabouts, signalling, lane discipline and following distances make up a good chunk of the guide.
As R&M provides questions in the DKT (which you can view on this website if you are practicing for your learner licence), here are the main contents for the booklet with links to sample questions and answers.
- Approaching a roundabout – where you should be and what indicator to use; changing lanes within the roundabout, turning left, turning right and exiting (all roundabout questions are here).
- Giving way to pedestrians when turning (all pedestrians-based questions are here).
- Using mobile phones – L and P1 drivers are not permitted to use any function of a phone while operating a vehicle.
- Merging when the number of lanes is reduced or a marked lane ends
- Keeping left
- Using headlights and fog lights
- Making a u-turn – this includes at traffic lights,
- Safe following distances
- School zones
- Yellow traffic lights